Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hey love. It's HOT! ( Captain Obvious ), the sun is up, your going to head to the pool with your girl friends. Next thing you know your skin is redder than a steamed crab, OUCH ! I know that feeling; yes, I am a mixed African American, with dark brown skin that gets sun burnt ( look below for my skin color ). There are ALOT of people that didnt know that some black people get sun burns.

   I had a friend sunbathe at home near her pool before she went on a spring break trip and she fell asleep, yep she was a steamed crab. I almost cried for her. Another one of my friends helped me with this post and gave me some tips to share with you, so SHOUTS OUT to ( insert name ), you know who you are. We did a mini interview, how fun?!

How do you prep for your tan?
I do everything a week before the tanning. My monthly nail appointment, my bikini wax, but I shave a day or two before going.

Tell me about your weekly prepping.
I exfoliate and mosizturizer until the day of, shave, wax, and get my mani/pedi.

What do you do the day of the tanning?
I make sure I do one more exfoliation but dont apply the mositurizer or any beauty products.

Which do you prefer a real tan or a spray tan?
I prefer spray tans because they're more safe but it stains clothes and doesnt last every long.

What type of tan do you go for?
I go for a sun kissed look, it's tint to my natural skin color.

What do you wear when you go spray tanning?
I wear flip flops, loose sweats, and a loose shirt.

How do you prevent fading?
I use tan extenders like Sundara's Watermelon Tan. Extender

What are some important tips you have?
Buy tan extender, dont shower for at least 8 hours, after showering moisturize, wear loose clothes you dont really care about, remeber sunscreen









          Type
General                Pigment      
               Sunburn

Brown
V,
Brown,
Dark Brown,
Very Rarely


 no this is NOT me in the picture, it's just a chart showing my skin color if you wanted to know; Chart uno ( one ) shows that my skin color is listed under tanned-caucasian, my color is the darkest one listed. Chart dois ( two ) show my skin type, my general color, my pigment, and how sunburnt my skin gets. If you would like to know yours copy and paste these two reference websites to your search boxes. Love ya.


References: http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/skin_tone/skintone.html ; http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/skintone.html# ; a couple of friends who shall remained unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment